Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Never Enough

Haha! It's funny when I think about it but it's so true! The more you(I) have, the more you(I) want!!! God has blessed me tremendously lately and I still want more!!! What brought my mind to this thought was me having to come up with some type of budget because we are running a tight ship! Lol. I guess these days everybody is a little hard up for cash.

I have so much to be thankful for but yet I still continue to let my eyes wander... Then I'm looking at what everybody else has!!! Not only do I want what they have, but I find myself wanting to outdo them and their endeavors!!!

I have been told to stop wanting for more and be happy and thankful for what I do have... I am happy and thankful for the good things I have! Lol. But really!!! How do I quit wanting for more?!? More importantly!!! WHY should I try to stop wanting?!? Isn't wanting more the beginning of a dream?!? Shouldn't wanting more make you set your goals higher?!? Doesn't wanting more make you strive for excellence to reach those goals?!?

I don't know about you but I have settled for things in life before and I know now that that was not what God wanted!!! He made us this way for a reason!!! I'm not gonna try to stop my wanting!!! Maybe I should direct my wanting to localized areas but never stop it!!! When you stop wanting then you stop dreaming!!! When you stop dreaming then you stop setting goals!!! And when you stop setting goals you start moving into a stagnant state of comfortable!!! You have settled for less than what God's intended purpose was for you!!!

So dear Lord I pray to you today asking that You not take away my wants!!! But You redirect them in the way that You would have them to go!!! Thank You Lord!!! In Jesus' Name AMEN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Talitha,

    i thank God for bringing you into my life... like a buoy, there as a steady float in the middle of the stormy sea... like a fresh breeze that cools you off but also makes you think about where it came from... like a gentle whisper sent from God to remind you of His intended path for you...

    you are an amazing woman of God

    may He bless you immensely

    and may your wants, aligned with His wants for you, turn into dreams, goals and successes in His name, amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so wonderful Mimi!!! You are the neatest friend a girl could ask for!!! You always seem to lift me up and encourage me every time we talk!!! I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete